Sunday, October 30, 2011

Burnt Coffee Anyone?

murphayslawhumormishappeningsburntcoffeepot
I knew today was going to be a bad day when I burn the coffee pot. I thought I had turned it off, but I guess not. There wasn't any liquid in it so it burnt the bottom. My thoughtful hubby, after first laughing at this scenario, then informs me the maker will automatically shut down after an hour. I guess it wasn't quite an hour when I saw it still was on and of course smelled it. I went shopping to replace the pot which I couldn't find one for a 5 cup pot. They had 12 cup pots but alas none for the 5 cup. I decided to buy a new one for around $20. I show the pot to hubby and then something told me to just let it soak for awhile. Believe it or not, it washed out. I guess it didn't scorch the actual glass but just burnt the coffee remains at the bottom of the pot. Naturally this means I had to return the maker I just bought. I was smart enough to keep my receipt. I made a new pot of coffee the next morning which tasted even better than usually. I wonder if there is some added extra flavor? At least this story has a happy ending for me, the coffee pot, and my bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment