Monday, October 31, 2011

You Know You're Getting Old When....

I thought my whimsical views on getting older would be a perfect edition to feature on this blog. I will post a you know you're getting old when...each week. It would be another creative way to make fun of myself. Yes I realize many people won't consider me old as a not quite 40 year old, but I think many of the 18-20 year old college kids might. Perfect example was last week in class.

You know you're getting old when...you pull a muscle in your side from coughing. It just cramped up and I had to jump up and stretch it out by walking around. Luckily this happened before class but naturally two girls witnessed this sight. They tried hard to feign concern under their chuckles, wanting to know what was wrong with the old chick hopping around the room looking like a fool. I told them I pulled something, and then I said yeah go ahead and laugh it up now as this will be your fate in a few short years. Of course I had to blame my aging body on having kids. I am at a point now where I blame everything wrong under the sun as a result of having children. This led to a quite amusing chat about how they are never having kids (yeah ok) as no one ever wants kids at that age. Or maybe it's after they see how horrible it is to be as pathetic as the aging woman in the class. Stay tuned next week for the next fun post of you know you're getting old when....

No comments:

Post a Comment