Thursday, December 29, 2011

Old Poems Rediscovered

I was sorting through some old books, and I came across my old book of poems. I was quite the poet as a teenager. Many of the poems made me laugh as I forgot how much teen angst I once had. So much drama for someone so young and naive. I want to share my first poem I ever wrote which was on 12/29/1991! I was 16 years old. I hope you enjoy my poem, and I was heavily influenced by Sting and fantasy books such as Dragon Lance.

Thanks to my wonderful friend who bought me this nice book. She told me every writer needs a nice leather journal. Dear friend I finally recalled you did buy it for me as my high school graduation present. I hope to add new poems in 2012!

theloverofhermajestypoem
The Lover of Her Majesty

I stare out into the majestic sea
Mesmerized by her undulating waves.
My soul is unlocked for she is the key
When I feel trapped in desolate black caves.
I slowly descend in a sky of clay
To meet this dark majesty for the night.
As I look out across the blood-stained bay,
I tremble so at this saturnine sight.
All there is left for me to do is wait
Until she beckons for I am her mate.

-Bonnie
12/29/91

1 comment: