Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 New Year Resolutions for The Cajun Blogger


First I want to wish everyone a very Happy New Year from The Cajun Blogger! I would also like to reflect on this past year. I accomplished a major goal of going back to college after 16 years. I finished my first semester with a 4.0 which was very empowering. I remodeled the inside of my house this past spring which was long overdue. I began The Cajun Blogger this year. I wanted a blog to share my school success as well as my writing. I don't have many personal goals this year. The ones I have made will be easy for me to attain.

1. Graduate from Nicholls State Univeristy. I will graduate in May 2012 with my Associate Degree in General Studies. I do have plans to work on my BA starting in August 2012. It will take me exactly 4 semesters or 2 years to finish. I will have a minor in Web Graphics, English, Film Studies, and Humanities. I know a lot of minors, but all of them will apply to goal of writing.

2. Write a book. My second resolution is to write a book about losing my second born son to SMA, my struggles with anxiety, and the battle to help my oldest son in school. I hope to write articles for national publications.

3. Exercise more and eat right. I refuse to say lose weight. I have lost 100 pounds in the last 2 years, but I regained about 20 pounds this past semester. I was having a hard time juggling writing, family, and school. Next semester should be easier. I am only taking 4 classes and 3 on campus twice a week instead of going daily. I have one online class. I will have more time to devote to meal planning. By exercising regularly and eating right, then I will naturally lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment