Monday, January 9, 2012

My Son the Tween

robbieopeningpresentsWe had a very busy weekend with celebrating my son's birthday on Saturday, and afterwards his cousin slept over that night. My son is now a tween, and only a couple of years away from the wonderful teen years. I swear some days he already acts like a teenager. He wants to dress like one, talk like one, and play mature video games. I put my foot down on the last one. Of course he notices pretty women. Not girls his age, but older teenage girls and even women! He is driving me crazy. I'm sooo not ready for this stage of his life. Can I just skip it? Or maybe keep him young forever? I guess not, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

stashofpresentsThe party was just a small gathering of family, and I have a feeling the last one for him. I think we will just start grabbing a friend or two to do something fun for his birthday. I would love to do laser tag. Forget the kids because I want to play.

I will say I do like my son having his birthday after Christmas as I can pick up stuff 50% or more! I got him a few goodies from Rue21 very cheaply. I love the ear buds I picked up for $5. They are not wired but a thicker rubber coating which reminds me of shoelaces. I also picked up 2 hats for $3 each. He is still too small to wear the clothing, but he loves the accessories. He can wear men sized shoes, but he already has too many pairs. This kid has more clothes in his closet than I do or my husband. I'm just glad he's not a girl. He sure is getting expensive like a teenager.

I was having a hard time capturing great pictures as he was more worried about opening than posing. He couldn't open his presents fast enough. He did get a few toys, but I have a feeling this is also the last year for toys. He might get Nerf guns in the future, but I don't see too many more action figures in his future. You wouldn't think by the pile of presents that he just had Christmas! He loves the new bed set which I paid $40 for both the comforter and sheet set! I just couldn't pass up that deal, and it matches his new room theme perfectly. I just can't believe another year has passed.

dinosaurcupcakeHe's not a total teen yet as he picked out a dinosaur themed birthday cake. This was actually a cupcake cake, but they overdid the icing. That whole cake was more icing than cake. We ended up scraping off over half the icing off each cupcake. It was so sweet. I feel like I wasted $20, but at least it was nicely decorated. This is the last year I will have to buy a cake of this size. In the future we will do a very small dessert for him. I wouldn't even mind a small king cake. Yes they make king cakes right after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment